Sunday 11 July 2010

New Job

I have had a letter from Bishop John formally offering me the post of Priest in Charge of Teme Valley South and I have been delighted to write to him accepting.

From my current work -I'm the Agricultural Chaplain - I know something of the people and places where I will be working, and I have been enormously impressed by what I have seen. On Monday I had a wonderful day going round the churches of Teme Valley South. I met interesting people and enjoyed stunning scenery. There was an interest in and a vitality about the future of the churches that I found inspiring. On Tuesday I had a formal interview with a number carefully thought out probing questions.  I was delighted by all I heard and saw and I am looking forward to my new role.

Among the questions I was asked (On Monday's tour; not at the formal interview!) was "What do you think of Mrs Beamish?", so for those of you who haven't met her here's a clip
And what do I think of the song?  I think it works remarkably well because it's a caricature both of Mrs Beamish and of Ken the vicar.  Mrs B needs to learn that mumbling extrememly slowly and sneering at neighbours doesn't really fit with being part of the church. But Ken needs to realise that Mrs B isn't going to change in a "happy clappy" environment where she feels unvalued.

No comments:

Post a Comment