Wednesday 8 December 2010

Beautiful but challenging

The weather here has been stunning, but the cold has been quite a challenge. Ice and snow have made driving on unsalted roads tricky and walking has needed care.
But life carries on.

Rochford PCC has had to postpone their meeting twice because of the weather. We’re hoping for third time lucky next week.

Monday saw the funerals of Jack and Gladys Hill from Eastham. Married since 1945 they had died within a few days of each other. Eastham church was full.

This Sunday ( 12th Dec) the service is 9.30 communion at Hanley William


Next Tuesday (14th) is Stoke Bliss Carol Service at 7.30

1 comment:

  1. I'm am Gladys Hill's cousin from Australia and had the privilege of meeting Gladys and Jack for the first time in September 2008. Gladys had corresponded with my mother for many years even before I was born. It was wonderful to meet such a gracious couple and a special time that I will hold dear to my heart. I spent two days in your beautiful area spending some quiet time in Eastham Church where my grandmother (Granny Butler) and my father would have worshiped. My father came to Australia when he was only a teenager but gave us little images of the Tenbury Wells countryside every now and then. To personally experience this in 2008 was an experience that is hard to put into words. Cherylee Shapter, Orange, NSW Australia

    ReplyDelete