Friday 8 October 2010

We're in - more or less

The removers were wonderful, Bennetts of Malvern. The staff were polite, intelligent, helpful... They packed us on Monday and delivered the first load on Tuesday and the second load on Wednesday. We're busy unpacking and deciding what goes where.
And of course there's all the other stuff that goes with moving. Scottish Power have been helpful. The postman has stopped to introduce himself.
The award for the least helpful has to go to BT - being in the sticks we don't have a lot of choice for phone or broadband. At least we now have a working internet connection, even if I can't use it in the study. Probably the most fatuous question was from a BT person. I had explained that I had no interent connection. She had tested the line & confirmed there was a fault at the exchange. "Would you like me to receive a troubleshooting email?" she asked. "I would love to receive a trouble shooting email, or any email," I replied, "I can't connect to the internet!!!!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment