Sunday 24 October 2010

Guess what was in the attic

They say it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good. Well the "ill wind" was the length of time it was taking to get a phone extension that works in the study. The latest time for an engineer to come isn't till 4th November and deciding it couldn't be rocket science I took myself to Maplins and bought a roll of telephone extension cable.  I've spent much of today clipping it as discretely as I can and to get it from one side of the study to the other I decided to run it through the roof space above.
When I was there I found a bag of books (the roof space should have been cleared but this bag had been missed) and in it I found the burial register for Eastham and the baptism register for Kyre.
And as you can see from the photo, I've wired up a socket in the study. I'm no longer having to use the hall as a study.

1 comment:

  1. I guess that the first Mrs Rochester is in the attic, with the Registers. Do I win?

    Mavis

    ReplyDelete